Call for Symposia proposals
The Organizing Committee encourages the submission of proposals for Symposia from a wide range of disciplines, from STEM to Social Sciences, that address gender from an interdisciplinary perspective. The goal of the call for Symposia proposals is to provide a forum for focused discussions of both new and emerging topics or innovative applications of established approaches.
List of research themes the program of the conference aims to cover:
- Inequality in Science and Academia – mapping critical problems we need to deal with: e.g. career track, hierarchies, gaps, harassment, precariousness, temporary leaves and dropouts, work-life balance, mental health;
- Reflections on the masculinist construction of Science and knowledge;
- Languages of Science – concepts and wording, dialogues, communication, and outreach;
- Strategies and approaches for an emancipated and emancipatory Science: a Science for all.
Topics not listed but within the scope of the BRIDGES 2022 (Gender and Science) conference are also welcome.
- EXTENDED TO JANUARY 31ST! – Deadline submission of Symposium proposals.
- February 15th, 2022 – Communication of decision on Symposium proposals.
- March 1st, 2022 – Call for abstracts for oral and poster presentations.
- April 15th, 2022 – Deadline submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations.
- September 12th-16th – BRIDGES conference.